A great resource for finding help is Connect2Help. Call 211, text your ZIP code and need to 898211, or search their website.
Where can I fax/print/make copies?
- The East 38th Street Library (5420 E. 38th St) has faxing for $1.00 and inexpensive printing and copying as well.
Where can I get help finding a job?
- The East 38th Street Library (5420 E. 38th St) can help you put together your resume and do a great search.
- The Urban League has several great programs. Call 317-693-7603.
- Edna Martin Christian Center (2605 E. 25th Street near 25th/Keystone) has many resources. Stop by or call 317-637-3776.
- Dress for Success Indianapolis can help with job search as well as interviewing and more. 317-940-3737
- Jenkins’ Career Corner Youth Center supports job seekers ages 15-26. Walk-in hours Monday-Fridaynoon-9:00pm at 1761 N. Sherman Dr. Suite I. 317-600-3387
Who can help me with my rent/utilities?
- Contact Edna Martin Christian Center (2605 E. 25th Street near 25th/Keystone) 317-637-3776.
Where is a nearby food pantry?
- Edna Martin Christian Center at 2605 E. 25th Street near 25th/Keystone. Call 317-637-3776. Open Monday-Friday 1pm-3pm. Bring photo ID, SS card, proof of address.
- Old Bethel Church at 8032 E. 21st St near 21st/Franklin. Call 317-354-8858. Open Tuesdays 10-6, Thursdays 10-4, Saturdays 10-2. Bring photo ID and lease (or mail with date that is 60 days or less)
- St. Vincent DePaul at 3001 E. 30th St. between Keystone and Sherman. Call 317-921-1401. Open Tuesday & Friday 8am-Noon, Saturday 8am-11am, Thursday 8am-Noon & 5pm-7pm. Bring photo ID and proof of address.
Where can I get a hot meal?
- Church of the Living God at 2502 E. 38th Street near 38th/Keystone. Call 317-547-5740. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 10:45am
- IndyParks at Brookside Park at 3500 Brookside Parkway South Drive. Call 317-327-7179. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays 5pm-6pm